Monday, November 16, 2009

Day One: Ok, so we're really doing this

So, I was hanging out with Lauren in class, when I noticed a nifty little list she was doing. After reading them I realized I could totally help her on some of those things. Then I was thinking, well, what if I just did one myself! So in an effort to not have us wimp out at all we're doing it together.  Any of my posts will be labeled "Erin" (duh) and my master list is here.  Its pretty groovy, you should probably check it out or something like that...

Any way, if you have read the list, you'll see that I have some goals that are in progress. Yeah, I'm over achieving, I know.

-See The Colbert Report/See the Daily Show
 I am a huge fan of both Jon and Stephen.  Both very talent and hilarious.  I've always wanted to sit in audience of their shows.  Maybe get my voice on cable TV, stuff like that.  Yeah, I'm cool.  Any way, Lauren (who lives like 45 mins from me) offered up the idea of seeing TDS in January, while we're on winter break.  I was all for it.  My partner in crime and I put Colbert Report on our lists and just happened to look and by george!  Tickets were readily available for Jan 13, 2010.  Duh, we're going to NYC twice.  We're pretty awesome at getting tickets, more so, Lauren is, but that's not the point.

- Eat one Piece of Fruit Per Day
 I hate fruit, well, a lot of them any way.  I'm not a big melon person and I personally feel bananas were spawned by satan himself.  However, I'M AN ADUUUUULLLLTTTTT (watch On The Ground, Lauren and I love this Digital Short)  Which could technically mean I never have to eat fruit again, but I want to be healthy.  So I figure, at least one piece of fruit per day is a big change.  I started today with a bunch a grapes and some pineapple at brunch.  Also, I've got so much fruit to eat before Thanksgiving Break, so this should help.

-Listen to Every Song in my ITunes
 No doubt I love music.  I think music does a lot.  I have a lot of music.  So much that there are songs on my iTunes that I have never listened to all the way through.  I think that's sad, each little melody deserves love!  So, I'm going to try to listen to all the songs, including the crap-rap songs from my brother's iTunes.  You never know, maybe I'll find one I like, doubtful, but maybe

-Keep a blog
 I hate commitments, I think they suck.  I don't like keeping journals because they take up time and then I don't want someone reading that stuff.  I do however, like the idea of writing stuff down.  Hence, blog.  So I figured I'd get with the 21st Centurary and start my blog.  That'd be cool.  So I'm going to keep this blog, because I HAVE TO UPDATE IT.  Seriously, if anyone reads this (mainly Lauren) and I don't update yell at me or some thing.

Now for: The Goals I'm most excited to complete! 


Go See a Psychic
 I know it sounds dumb, but I want to find some really good one (Not Miss Cleo) and find out some stuff.  I mean, who's to say that she (or he) won't be right about something.  The supernatural, the other side, I think that stuff is pretty groovy.  So why not finally go see one.  I think I'll go with my mom, I always bug her about it when we're down the shore, but we should probably find a more reputable one...

-Become a News Watch Anchor or Producer
 News Watch is the Emmy award winning news program on ICTV channel 16.  Right now I'm an AP.  I really love producing, and I'd think I'd be a good anchor.  Any way, New Watch is an amazing stepping stone to my career as a broadcast Journalist, so I want to become the best here, before I'm the best out in the real world.  I'll be re-auditioning in the spring, right now I'm and AP (assistant producer) which means I do what they say.

-Host a Themed Party
 I love a good night out.  I especially love a good party. By good party, I mean I night that I have fun and can remember (most of it) the next morning.  I like to dress up. A lot.  So I want to host a themed party.  '90's pop stars? Ancient Greece? Prohibition Party? Stay Tuned, you'll find out.

-Lay in a field and Watch the Clouds Roll By
 Life move fast. I'm busy.  I need some time to relax.  Even if it's just one day. In a Field. Maybe I'll decide I see some shapes in the clouds.  Who knows, maybe I'll bring some friends.  Everybody needs to relax sometimes and you know, I couldn't think of a better way to do so.

I acknowledge it is in fact 25 minutes into Day 2, but I was attacked by a small rodent earlier.  Simeon, the mouse who has taken up resident in my room decided to chew in my closet and so I kicked him out.  He didn't like it and bit my thumb, which I only recently realized because he proceeded to run up my pants.  So yeah, a mouse got into my pants.  Make your jokes after we find out I don't have rabies.  I'll have to go to the Health Center tomorrow.  (FML)

No comments:

Post a Comment